WordPress makes it SO easy to optimize your site for SEO it’s just crazy, and I like that! Without going into a lot of the technical details, I can tell you that there are literally hundreds of tools that you can add to your WordPress backend that make Search Engine Optimization almost automatic.
The most important thing to remember is that the search enginesA general class of programs, used to specifically describe systems like Google, Yahoo! and Bing that enable users to search for websites, articles, products or people on the World Wide Web. don’t see your pretty pictures or your music or your videos…they see words. So your content is KEY.
Search Engine Optimization is a huge subject and Girl Friday is no expert, believe it, honey! But we do know how to utilize the WordPress concepts and tools that make SEO much easier for entrepreneurs or small businesses …not to mention much less costly!! So we’ll list just a very few of those SEO ideas for you here. As always, feel free to email if you have questions or want to explore further!
Work with WordPress to increase traffic to your site by incorporating some simple concepts:
- Relevant content that is: informative, entertaining, educational, explanatory, fun or funny, unique, engaging…you get the picture. There are millions of blogs, and billions of websites. The more unique you are the better your chances of being seen by the search enginesA general class of programs, used to specifically describe systems like Google, Yahoo! and Bing that enable users to search for websites, articles, products or people on the World Wide Web..
- Write your content with the people who are searching for you in mind. What are the keywords they should type into Google when looking for you?
- Write your Page titles, Post titles, Links, Images, Alt Text, etc. with those same keywords in mind. Same goes for Title Tags and Headings within your content.
- Link building: WordPress has Blogroll links, Pingback and Trackbacks built in. Use them to link to other sites which then will link back to you.
- Plug-ins that add SEO functionality to your WordPress site: there are thousands. Girl Friday thinks the best source on the internet for all things SEO are at Yoast. Check out his site and sign up for his email blasts. You’ll be glad you did!
- Social Media: Google produces Facebook posts now for search results. Your WordPress site can very easily be connected to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. This connection can yield more traffic to your site, more email sign-ups, more comments on your site…more social interaction.
There’s much more…but suffice it to say, if you’re using WordPress you’re already way ahead in the SEO game!! Now go out there and conquer the world!