GREEN Cleaning is just a new name for an old fashioned way of cleaning! Using products from your kitchen, you can can have a spotless home and be friendly to Mother Earth at the same time:
- Place a small dish of vinegar beside the stove when cooking fish. It will absorb the odors.
- Water from cooked pasta is filled with nutrients and starch, making it a great additive for house plants .
- Used coffee grounds are high in nitrogen and can be worked into the soil around plants.
- Eggshells are high in sulfur. Crush and mix into soil around plants.
- Softening laundry Fill dispenser with 1/4 cup white vinegar to soften laundry without leaving odors.
- Spray your garden tools with nonstick cooking spray each time you use them. The dirt will be easy to remove when you’re finished. In fact, it should fall right off.
- Spray the front grill of your car with cooking spray before you hit the road. Bugs and grime will wash right off.
What to do with old computers and other e-waste?
Need to find a place to recycle your electronic waste such as computers, TVs, cell phones, etc? Go to this website at California Integrated Waste Management Board where you can search by county for facilities.